30 Mar 2021, 10am
A UAL Research Season event for staff and students
Bringing together artists, researchers, students, and practitioners from across the UAL community, HEARD (HEAlth, ARts and Design) is a new research hub focusing on art and design and their relationship to health.
Since its formation in 2019 as a series of discussions lead by Emeritus Professor at CRiSAP, John Wynne, and a UAL wide gathering in 2020, HEARD has been developing into the collaborative research hub that it is today building on a rich variety of practice in this area already happening at UAL.
During this session HEARD will be launching a new collectively written mission statement, which some of HEARD’s cross-UAL 78 members will respond to from the perspective of their own research.
HEARD will be primarily looking at:
• Art and design in relation to health
• Aesthetic, social, and political ideals within health and medicine
• Querying ideologies in relation to health
• Well-being and ill-being as they are entangled and mutually influential.
• Institutions and histories of medicine and clinical practice
• Global health and bodies as producers of knowledge.